1. Commemorate Dr. Jinchoon Kim, the first president of San Diego chapter
2. Promote KSEA to young generation of scientists and engineers
1. $500.00 to two undergraduate students
$1,000.00 to one
- Undergraduate students in the US of Korean heritage with a minimum of 40 credits completed as a college student at the time of application deadline
- Graduate students in the US of Korean heritage with a minimum of two years completed as a college student at the time of application deadline
- Major in science, engineering, or related fields
- KSEA membership (You must be a KSEA member in order to apply)
- Previous recipients of any KSEA scholarship (chapter or headquarter) are not eligible.
- If YG (Young Generation) or KGSA (Korean Graduate Student Association) president wants to apply for the scholarship, they shall designate a substitute representative to the committee (see below).
Application materials must be submitted to the Scholarship Committee by email to the chairperson (firstname.lastname@example.org) by October 26, 2014.
1. A cover letter (Explain why you are qualified for the scholarship).
2. Official transcripts from up to two colleges attended and/or any publication in the professional journals.
3. Recommendation letter: At least one letter from a current / former KSEA official such as Executive Committee member, local professional Chapter President, or a Councilor.
4. No other supplemental materials will be allowed.
- Academic performance - 40% (10 points)
- Recommendation letters -20% (5 points)
- KSEA activities and community service- 40% (10 points)
The committee is composed of 7 members, where the committee chairperson is designated by chapter president
- Chapter president
- Chapter president-elect
- YG president (or representative)
- KGSA president (or representative)
- Immediate prior chapter president
- Fundraising committee chair
- P.R committee chair
- When a committee member has multiple positions, the chapter president shall designate an alternative committee member among the executive members.
Announcement and Award Presentation
- The recipients of the scholarships will be announced on the KSEA SD webpage (http://kseasd.org/) and the winners will be notified by email as soon as the decisions are made.
- Scholarship Award Ceremony:
- KSEA San Diego General Meeting (November 15, 2014)